Friday, 4 August 2017

Just to breathe


We spent the last week of the school holiday in the beautiful Karoo. It was an amazing experience and I am still struggling to come to terms with the constant noise on the building site I am spending so much time on at the moment. It was quite possibly one of my favorite family holidays ever. I just loved the simple quietness, the icy cold mornings and the total change of pace.

It is incredible how fast one adapts to the cold. The first morning there was -12degrees Celcius aroun 7 in the morning. It was freezing. The day and days in general got progressively warmer but funny enough, no one complained about the cold. A made a game of seeing how cold see could see a thermometer on.

We read, ate, played and just relaxed. It was a wonderful time in the company of great friends. Life is extremely tough at the moment and I am a bit of a mess in general. I think this time of repose may have saved my sanity. The kids just slipped into farm mode and had so much fun.  The heart stone below was found by Mr L and I am keeping in on my bedside table in fond memory of a great time out for us.




5 comments:

  1. I fondly note that you mentioned "read" first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had a great time! As always you take lovely photos!
    Hoping things will start to slow down for the rest of the year! (While saying this I know it probably won't. Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch! Hope things settle very soon!

    Noticed all the stunning pics on FB, looks like it was an amazing holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning pics of the magical Karoo
    I hope you find peaceful times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are brilliant! Hope your upcycle come soon and things ease up.

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?