Thursday 6 July 2017

I don't quite know where to start

I know it has been such a long time since my last post. The honest truth is that it is honestly one of the toughest times in my life and that I purely and simply have not found the time or energy to post. It was already tough going at work since my business partner passed away but I was left with two critical staff members with either family or health issues and days off - the one now close to two weeks (with one here in between). He honestly was sick and I feel so sorry for him but the load has been insane. I have au pair issues to add to all this - which was truly the straw to break the camel's back. I have cried and laughed and purely just disconnected in frustration. Also when I realized that my BIL and SIL will be visiting in a critical week - and was then left without the person that could help me in the office for the week.
The family visited Freedom Park amongst other places this week

They however has been the most amazing blessing to us this week. I now know that God has provided it this way as they have honestly been life savers to us. Making sure there are meals and entertaining our kids with theirs to the T. They have honestly played at being tourists in their own city. I am so hugely grateful for this. But I think it is the small things that the kids may remember most of all. Playing Lego for hours. Sharing a bed early mornings and the girls painting nails.

In other news the kids all brought home wonderful report cards - I could not be more proud of any of them.The boys spent 4 days playing cricket to start out their Winter holiday and both took more wickets than their mom could dream of. A had Lyrical dance practice and two swimming practices - so no rest for the weary. Although of course this is rest. Every single morning when I do not hear the alarm at 5:30 I crawl in deeper and close my eyes. Every evening when chores end with cleaning after dinner and not with packing school lunches is a joy. Yeah to school holidays although I am working!

So how are your school holidays going?

8 comments:

  1. Also working but planning to take a bit of leave because Little Miss does not enjoy going to Holiday School that much. We both need a break!
    Best of luck to you! It sounds crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you as you go through this period! I had a major work change right before school holidays so now that I am a WAHM I am working around the kids. I haven't planned many outings this holidays because work and because we all need a break to just relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things ease off for you soon. Is tomorrow the start of leave for you, or just the day?

    I am coming to see those clients on 24th - I think we desperately need a catch-up if you're around?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed your posts, sorry to hear that it's been so hectic but wonderful that you have felt God's hand in your lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your tough time. It is good to hear that there were some good things that are happening too. We are not on holiday yet abut at least there is no traffic getting around.
    Cat, I am committed to helping women in our field and any other, for that matter. If you ever need help, I am here to hear your shout and help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear things have been so tough! Strength to you! Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Cat! I'm so sorry to hear how tough things have been for you. (I've been out of touch for a while, now, too.) What a wonderful treat to have your BIL and SIL in town, though. I can just imagine what great memories those will be for your kiddos.

    I hope things are beginning to settle for you. Big hugs across the pond!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?