Tuesday 21 January 2014

For quite a while I have been contemplating this

And now I know I have to do it. For many many reasons, but the main one being that my kids are growing up. A is at an age where they will learn Google at school this year and I really do not want her to in any way be embarrassed by anything that is available on this public blog. At the same time I do not want to loose this document for my kids - I do not want to loose the memories I have kept both for them and for me - and I certainly do not want to stop keeping the memories. I know that it is one of the things that truly makes me happy - being the family's memory keeper.

So I have made a decision - I have imported this compete blog into another blog that is a private blog. I will delete some posts from this original blog, remove a lot of photos, but leave it as a public blog from where I will continue anonymously. This will allow for a public presence but keep the family's privacy.At the same time the private blog will continue as per the usual. I may publish the same post on both but changing the visuals etc. Some posts may not be on both.

So, if you want to be added to the private blog, send me and email at rinagousatgmaildotcom. As and when I get the time I will delete posts etc from this blog.

5 comments:

  1. I did a similar thing a long time ago. I deleted all my pictures, changed some stuff and deleted posts that would upset people if they read them. Thankfully I've always been anonymous and you'd only know us if you know us.... Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, was wondering why I just got the mail. Good idea. Agree completely with it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I will be there along for the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo do what you find best and I am happy to follow your journey on the other blog :) Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please add me to the private blog! xx

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?