Tuesday 21 May 2013

So yes, I took a break from the family


It was a first to me and to be totally honest, I loved it. I loved being able to only think for me and not for another 3 little human beings just for a few days. To for a week not go through the day to dayness of packed snacks and remembering activities. To rest, get up when you want, do what you want. to do. But I missed my kids, above all I missed my Hunter who made all this possible. It was so very good to be back home with them.

In a nutshell, the above little heart that Shayne bought sums up the week. We could add "take long walks and eat a lot", but that's about it. It was such a great great time with the two loveliest ladies -Shayne and Lynette. Taking into account that I have only met Lynette twice and Shayne once for a few hours, there was possibly some risk involved. But really it was just wonderful - we just gelled as if we have done this many times before. As if it is the most natural ting to do. Which I am sure will happen again. We never ran out of conversation, but taking some quiet time was totally acceptable too. Food, coffee and dishes just happened. The time together was truly a blessing.

 I have to add that we had a great morning at the Camelot Spa in San Lameer and one of the very best back neck and shoulder hot stone massages I have ever had (thanks to my hubby) as well as a facial that really made a difference to my skin.

With that, well you know, photos. Imagine the amount available with 3 amateur photographers and a keen interest in Instagram. So sharing in general (some were taken by the other two ladies of course) our time together in pictures:
Photographers taking pictures of photographers
My favorite spot



Just beautiful - long long walks often

My macadamia nut waffle at Ramsgate's waffle house

Sani to C finish


Beach access passes

Love these two of my dear friends.



Friendship - true and great.

27 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like such fun. I am glad you got a well deserved break, and isn't it just the best to go back to you family after such a wonderful break!? I need to get me some girlie friends to do that with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a much deserved break. Looks like you had the BEST time. I want to do this with some good girlfriends too now.

    LOVE that last shot! LOVE IT!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! Glad you enjoyed it!
    How did Hubby manage the 3? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who took the last photo of you three?
    I love that you three got together and just enjoy the time. I am glad that you all three had a stunning time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was wonderful and I already miss the two of you. Hoping to get time to blog soon. BTW: I am reading you on my new toy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That just all sounds so rejuvenating!!! I love the pictures, too...especially the one of two photogs taking pics of each other!!! What a gift you had this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like the best fun ever :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO LOVELY FOR YOU ALL.

    Next question, when is the next trip? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Marcia...this should become an annual event ;-)

      Delete
  9. Just fantastic. So thrilled that you got this break. And now I am lussing for that waffle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE! How divine! I think I need me a weekend like this too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fantastic for you! I feel like everyone is breaking free for some "me" time recently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah it was indeed wonderful. As much as i missed my family and husband, I loved our time together and have caught myself smiling a lot these last few days as I remember last week.

    There will definately have to be a trip next year!

    lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How special, I love the last picture!xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds (and looks) like a fantastice break!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you! Looks like you girls had tremendous fun, and you deserve every second of it.

    Good to have you back online though... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a wonderful break; always good to take some time off from the little ones. I have many happy memories of fun holidays at San Lameer and, of course, The Waffle House at Ramsgate.
    Sending lotsaluv
    MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look idyllic - glad you had a good time and a lovely rest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wll done, Rina. Dit lyk wonderlik. Ek sal jou moet copy. Jy is n inspirasie vir die res van ons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ek dink die ware inspirasie is die pa wat dit voorgestel het en by die huis net aangegaan het asof niks anders is nie.

      Delete
  19. How wonderful! My best friend and I are going on a 3 day trip to Mexico in July. I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH I WANNA DO THIS TOO! What a wonderful getaway!

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?