Monday 20 August 2012

Our life on Instagram - 2nd week of August

Wow, today is just such a beautiful, perfect weather day. The weekend was rather good too although Saturday morning started out all cold and cloudy. So without further ado:
Day 26/365 I was "reading mom" at the Princess' class at school - these are some of the books we read. I was really impressed with the discipline in the class,
Day 27/365 Bookclub night at I's house - the little stove going strong. The food was stunning, the company good as always.
Day 28/365 Typical breakfast bowls - each their own choice.


Day 31/365 We spent a great evening with old friends, chatting away around a campfire. Lots of laughs about the crazy things we did and about how none of us thought Lenard Cohen's music was depro at all.
Day 32/365 The day we took out the old vinyl record player, re installed it and listened to vinyl's. The first one we played was Elton John's greatest hits.
 And as usual, some others to remember the week by, both from yesterday:
Church tannie cupcakes - really the best cupcakes ever. Real honest ordinary home baked cupcakes. Our church sells them every month for our charity projects to the great joy of all involved.
Yesterday was such a sunny, almost summery day - and yes, I am THAT mom that allows them to make a big muddy mess in the garden.

9 comments:

  1. I love that self made phone cover of yours. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you - all crafty with your cell phone :)

    I love love LOVE the fact that you listened to Elton John, on LP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I never threw out our record player...now I still have awesome records and no way of listening to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your phone cover. That is such a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elton! Love it!

    These cupcakes are making me drool though, they look delicious!

    And kudos for being that mom! I can organize activities like that, but I REALLY have to be in the right frame of mind to force myself to over look the mess and see the joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those fire snapshots! We had a tiny little taste of fall here late in the week, and I am ready!!! I love the hot weather, but there's something so refreshing about cooler air. And I'm very anxious to get our fireplace up and running in another month or so. Among other things, our cat loves to snuggle in front of it, and that just makes me happy. :)

    I told Marcia a week or so ago, I'm already drinking hot chocolate at night, in preparation for fall...even though it's still about 90 during the day here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that phone cover is all kinds of awesome! And the mud play looks like loads of fun...I'm that mom too, but only when it's a bit warmer. You guys are always a few degrees ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these instagram posts of yours, a quick glimpse into your busy life! In your book club one, I see the book Red Lotus - I've just finished that myself and really enjoyed it. Love reading about cultures and stories of what life is like for other people. My favourite book of all time is Memoirs of a Geisha, if you haven't read it yet, do so!!

    Love the cupcakes and the mud - I am that mom too!!

    Sue X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memoirs of a Geisha is one of my all time favorite books - in my top 40! Have the movie on DVD too. I started with Red Lotus but sadly just do not seem to get into it. Have you read "Mao's last dancer"? a great read

      Delete

So what's on your mind?