Monday 4 June 2012

Sometimes success is totally unexpected.

On Friday I watched my slightly reserved and often shy daughter get onto a stage and transform from a little girl into a clever little bunny. I stood amazed at the confidence, the faultless delivery and the total absorption in the moment.
To think the idea of drama was sort of an after thought when she did not get chosen for the choir. As a tool to breed more self confidence only. Their teacher even warned us not to expect too much as it was their very first performance and the technique is not really perfect.
But they did so well and got an A+. I loved the judge's comment that she could "see" there was a bunny on the stage.

I am in total awe of the amazing teacher they have that has managed to do so much with these little grade 1 girls.

It has done so much to boost her self confidence. And I am so very very proud of her.
Often one thinks you know what your children will like to do or be good at, but sometimes they surprise us. I am so very thankful for this bit of triumph after last Friday's disappointment. I am also thankful that she enjoyed her first hockey games on Saturday - but more about that later this week.

Do you know what your children will like or be good at? Or did they surprise you too?

15 comments:

  1. YAY! Glad it went spectacularly!!
    and wow - your child is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sweet! Yes, they manage to surprise us all the time, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! She's gorgeous as always. What a sweet and true story. It's often the things we least expect that grab their attention. It must be another one of those God things. I pray she continues to grow and love acting. Now if only we could find Nevaeh's niche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By no means do I think it is her niche, but she certainly enjoys it at the moment. We are still in the exploration phase

      Delete
  4. Ah...she's amazing. I LOVE that she loves it so much. Seems to come so naturally to her. I must be honest, I usually have these ideas about what my kids will like or be good at and I'm actually wrong for a lot of the time. They ALWAYS surprise me - I just LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when that happens!

    I'm 100% sure my kids will continue to surprise me - they do all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo!!! Congratulations to her! They are so proud of themselves when they accomplish something like that. I think sometimes knowing that you don't get what you want every time does help them appreciate the wins so much more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fabulous! Nothing that gives more confidence than an A+ Congrats to the Princess!

    We sometimes think we are good with this and this, and our kids will be the same. And then they surprise us... Which is of course a huge bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big congratulations....It is so nice to see talent blossom so young...and your daughter has the most amazing colour eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done :) Such a special mommy moment when you watch them shine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. R, You're so right. One think you know what your kids would like or do but they do sometimes surprise you :)
    Congrats to your little girl. A+ is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's awesome. Well done little one! She is really flourishing this year hey. Gorgeous to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! Well done to your princess. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A is going to be quite well-rounded with this and her sports! :)

    ReplyDelete

So what's on your mind?